2021 Adult Tennis
We are excited to welcome Head Tennis Pro Steve Godiksen back for another great summer of tennis! All adult tennis programs including clinics, private lessons, and CAPP will begin the week of June 21, 2021. We have a variety of adult options, including Private Lessons.
Weekly Adult Clinics: Sign-up for the Weekly Monday & Friday Adult Clinics directly with Steve at email@example.com. Please speak with Steve directly if you are unsure of which clinic would be appropriate for you. He will group players by appropriate level. Price = $35/player.
- Monday (9:00 – 10:30) – Intermediate Clinic
- Friday (8:30 – 10:00) – Intermediate Clinic
- Friday (100:00 – 11:30) – Advanced Clinic
Adult 3-PACK Lessons: Join the fun, get involved in SHYC’s Adult Tennis. We are once again offering our new 3-PACK Adult SHYC Tennis Offering! Sign up for a series of 3 tennis lessons taught by Head SHYC Tennis Pro Steve. Sign-up now using the Google Online Form – there is a choice of dates, sessions, and levels – options explained below. Price = $90/player for 3 lessons.
- Beginner / Adv-Beginner Tennis 3-PACK Clinic (Wed, 3:30-4:30): This class is designed for those who know some of the basics of tennis, have played sporadically, and want to improve on techniques. Players will work on consistency of ground strokes, serves and volleys, as well as court movement, and footwork. Fun games will incorporate strategy in playing singles and doubles. WEDNESDAYS 3:30 – 4:30 pm; Session 1 (6/23, 6/30, 7/7); Session 2 (7/14, 7/21, 7/28); Session 3 (8/4, 8/11, 8/18).
- Intermediate Tennis 3-PACK Clinic (Tues, 5-6pm or Sun 11-12): This class is designed for those who have a history of playing tennis and a solid foundation of strokes, but it has been a few years since you last played, or you are feeling rusty! The class will build upon techniques of strokes and volleys through drills. Serving and doubles or singles strategy will be incorporated through games. Sign-up for either Tuesday or Sunday. TUESDAY 5:00 – 6:00 pm; Session 1 (6/22, 6/29, 7/6); Session 2 (7/13, 7/20, 7/27); Session 3 (8/3, 8/10, 8/17). SUNDAY 11:00 am – 12:00 pm; Session 1 (6/20, 6/27, 7/11); Session 2 (7/18, 7/25, 8/1); Session 3 (8/8, 8/15, 8/22)
Weekly CAAP – Point Play: SHYC CAPP (California Point Play) tennis is held each week on Tuesdays at 6pm and Sundays at 9:30am CAPP is a 90-minute, higher-level, fast-paced game. Sign-up is first come first serve, each week, by responding quickly to the “SHYC CAPP Sign-Up Email” which is sent by Head Pro Steve. To be added to the CAPP email list, you need to be pre-approved by Steve (based on tennis ability). Contact Head PRO Steve to get pre-approved and to get added to the CAPP email list. Price = $27/player.
- Tuesday (6:00 – 7:30) – CAPP (6 person/court)
- Sunday (9:30 – 11:00) – CAPP (6 person/court)
Private Tennis Lessons: For private or semi-private lessons, or if you would like to put together your own group lessons, please contact Steve directly. $90/hour with Head Pro Steve. $60/hour with Assistant Pro Alex.
- SHYC Tennis Hut phone: 203-453-6946
- Head Pro: Steve Godiksen: 203-215-6197; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tennis Coordinator: Elisa Milano: 203-499-7855; SHYCtennis1@gmail.com
GENERAL SHYC TENNIS – MEMBER RULES & EXPECTATIONS
- Please be sure to check-in prior to play.
- Wash your hands before going to the courts
- Mark-proof tennis shoes and appropriate tennis apparel are expected.
- Shirts must be worn at all times.
- Restroom at the Tweed House is generally not open for frequent member use.
- Boisterous behavior, profanity, throwing rackets, striking nets, marking court surfaces, and other acts which interfere with the well-being of the general membership, will not be tolerated.
- Smoking, eating, and/or chewing gum on the courts are prohibited.
- Players are responsible for their own trash – there are trash bins on the side of the Tweed House for proper disposal.
- No bicycles, scooters, roller blades are permitted on tennis courts
- Clean off the tables/chairs after use – remove all trash’
- Close the entrance gate if you are the last players on the premise