2019 Adult Tennis
We are excited to welcome Head Tennis Pro Steve Godiksen back for another great summer of tennis! All adult tennis programs including clinics, private lessons, and CAPP will begin on the June 16th, 2019. There is no tennis scheduled for Friday June 21st.
Weekly Adult Tennis Clinics:
- Monday 9:00 – 10:30 Intermediate Clinic
- Tuesday 6:00 – 7:30 CAPP*
- Friday 8:30 – 10:00 Intermediate Clinic
- Friday 10:00 – 11:30 Advanced Clinic
- Sunday 9:30 – 11:00 CAPP*
Please speak with Tennis Pro Steve directly if you are unsure of which clinic would be appropriate for you. He will group players by appropriate level.
PRIVATE LESSONS: For private or semi-private lessons, or if you would like to put together your own group lessons, please contact Steve.
Clinic/CAPP Online SIGN-UP: Online sign-up options coming soon!
SIGN-IN: Please be sure to add your name (and SHYC #) to the Tennis Sign-in Sheet at the courts when you arrive for a Clinic or CAPP.
* What is CAPP (California Point Play)? Fast-paced game with 6 players; Champion and Challenger sides of the court. Five 15-minute rounds with rotating partners.
TENNIS RATES (PER PERSON):
- Group Clinic – $35
- CAPP – $27
- Private or Semi-Private Lessons – $80/hour
SHYC TENNIS HATS & VISORS! We are excited to sell SHYC light-weight tennis hats and visors this summer. Please see Steve if you would like one. They will be charged to your account.
SHYC TENNIS MEMBER RULES & EXPECTATIONS
- Mark-proof tennis shoes and appropriate tennis apparel are expected. Shirts must be worn at all times.
- No running sneakers, sandals, Crocs, sailing shoes
- No bathing suits
- Boisterous behavior, profanity, throwing rackets, striking nets, marking court surfaces, and other acts that interfere with the well being of the general membership, will not be tolerated.
- Smoking or eating on the courts is prohibited.
- Players are responsible for their own trash. There are trash bins on the side of the Tweed House for proper disposal.
- No bikes, scooters, skateboards, rip-sticks, or roller-blades are permitted on tennis courts.
- Members signed up for clinics, private lessons or CAPP are expected to sign-in (name and SHYC number) prior to play.