We are excited to welcome Head Tennis Pro Steve Godiksen back for another great summer of tennis! All adult tennis programs including clinics, private lessons, and CAPP will begin the week after Opening Day. We have a variety of adult options, including Private Lessons.
Weekly Adult Clinics: Sign-up for the Weekly Adult Clinics directly with Steve at email@example.com. Please speak with Steve directly if you are unsure of which clinic would be appropriate for you. He will group players by appropriate level. Price = $35/player.
- Monday (9:00 – 10:30) – Beginner/Intermediate Clinic (3.0/3.5)
- Thursday (10:30-noon) – Intermediate Clinic (3.5)
- Friday (8:30 – 10:00) – Beginner/Intermediate Clinic (3.0/3.5)
- Friday (10:00 – 11:30) – Advanced Clinic (4.0/4.5)
Adult 4-PACK Lessons: Join the fun, get involved in SHYC’s Adult Tennis. We are once again offering our 4-PACK Adult SHYC Tennis Offering! Sign up for a series of 4 tennis lessons taught by SHYC Tennis Pros. Sign-up now using the Google Online Form – there is a choice of dates and sessions. Multiple courts can be used to split players by Level/Ability. Only open to SHYC Members (no house guests). Players must be 18yrs+. Players will need a tennis racket, court shoes, water bottle. Price = $120/player for 4 lessons.
Sign-up Online for 4-Packs: Sign-up now using the Google Online Form
- Sundays, 11 to 12:00pm
- Session 1 = June 26, July 3, July 10, July 17
- Session 2 = July 24, July 31, Aug 7, Aug 14
- Tuesdays, 11 to 12:00pm
- Session 1 = June 21, June 28, July 5, July 12
- Session 2 = July 19, July 26, Aug 2, Aug 9
- Wednesdays, 6:00 to 7:00pm
- Session 1 = June 22, June 29, July 6, July 13
- Session 2 = July 20, July 27, Aug 3, Aug 10
Weekly CAAP – Point Play: SHYC CAPP (California Point Play) tennis. CAPP is a 90-minute, higher-level, fast-paced game. To be added to the CAPP email distribution list, contact Head PRO Steve at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the below Google form link. Price = $27/player.
- Tuesday (9:30 to 11:00am) – CAAP for Beginner & Intermediate (2.5-3.0)
- Tuesday (6:00 to 7:30pm): CAAP for Intermediate & Advanced (3.5-4.5)
- Sunday (9:30 to 11:00am): CAAP for Intermediate & Advanced (3.5-4.5)
- To be added to the CAPP distribution list: Sign-up now using the Google Online Form
Private Tennis Lessons: For private or semi-private lessons, or if you would like to put together your own group lessons, please contact Steve directly. Price = $90/hour with Head Pro Steve. $60/hour with Assistant Pro Alex or Walker.
- SHYC Tennis Hut phone: 203-453-6946
- Head Pro: Steve Godiksen: 203-215-6197; email@example.com
- Tennis Coordinator: Elisa Milano: 203-499-7855; SHYCtennis1@gmail.com
GENERAL SHYC TENNIS – MEMBER RULES & EXPECTATIONS
- Please be sure to check-in prior to play.
- Wash your hands before going to the courts
- Mark-proof tennis shoes and appropriate tennis apparel are expected.
- Shirts must be worn at all times.
- Restroom at the Tweed House is generally not open for frequent member use.
- Boisterous behavior, profanity, throwing rackets, striking nets, marking court surfaces, and other acts which interfere with the well-being of the general membership, will not be tolerated.
- Smoking, eating, and/or chewing gum on the courts are prohibited.
- Players are responsible for their own trash – there are trash bins on the side of the Tweed House for proper disposal.
- No bicycles, scooters, roller blades are permitted on tennis courts
- Clean off the tables/chairs after use – remove all trash’
- Close the entrance gate if you are the last players on the premise