SHYC 2022 Commodore, Whitney Peterson
Recent Member Emails & Updates from the Commodore:
- 09/09/2022 – Season Award Winners & Sept Schedule
- 08/31/2022 – Labor Day Weekend News & Schedule
- 08/ 20/ 2022 – Junior Program Award Winners 2022
- 8/17/2022 – SHYC Commodores Post – Mid August News
- 08/15/2022 – SHYC 2022 Annual Meeting Notice & Related Documents
- 08/04/2022 – SHYC Commodores Post – August is here!
- 07/30/2022 – SHYC Commodores Post – End of July News!
- July 15, 2022 – Mid-July News
- July 7, 2022 – Weekend Update July 9/10
- June 29, 2022 – Fourth of July Weekend Fun!
- June 23, 2022 – Weekend June 24-26 Update
- June 23, 2022 – Navigator’s Race #1 Sailing Instructions
- June 16, 2022 – Opening Weekend 2022
- June 7, 2022 – New 2022 Summer Menu
- June 3, 2022 – Get Ready For Summer 2022!
- June 1, 2022 – SHYC Junior Club Rules
- June 1, 2022 – SHYC Emergency Response Plan
- May 31st, 2022 – New Member Welcome Email
- May 3, 2022 – May 7th Work Party, Spring Fling & More
- April 22, 2022 – Spring Update
- April 7, 2022 – Barge is Gone!
- April 6, 2022 – Time-lapse Video of Barge Removal
- April 3, 2022 – Barge Update #2
- April 1, 2022 – Barge Hits SHYC Breakwater
- March 15, 2022 – New Member 2022 Welcome Email
- Jan 2022 – New Roof, New Dock & More
- Dec 2021 – Fall News & Roof Project
- 09/15/2021 – SHYC New Commodore & Final Open Weekend – Sept 18/19, 2021
- 09/10/2021 – SHYC Weekend Update: Sept 11-12
- 09/06/2021 – SHYC 2021 Season Award Winners
Welcome Message from the SHYC Commodore
Welcome to Sachem’s Head Yacht Club (est. 1896) in Guilford, CT!
SHYC is a private club enjoyed by its members and their guests. The clubhouse, overlooking the Thimble Islands, serves an active racing fleet and is a summertime community for families and juniors involved in sailing.
From sailing/swimming/tennis lessons to Thursday Night Dinners, from Wednesday Night Racing to Saturday evening parties, from relaxing on the mooring to series racing on Saturdays, from paddling at sunrise to playing tennis at sunset, from enjoying a sandwich from the galley on the porch to letting the breeze take you to a new destination on a casual Sunday sail, SHYC has something for everyone!
SHYC provides spirited racing opportunities on Saturday mornings and afternoons (for one designs and occasional PHRF) and Wednesday nights (as a PHRF) from mid June through Labor Day.
In addition to our weekly series races and holiday races, the club throws an ECSA regatta dubbed the “Coastal Classic” which is a 10‐20 mile coastal navigation race around fixed government marks, hosting in excess of 40 boats in various PHRF classes coming from all over Long Island Sound.
Furthermore, SHYC prides itself on its top-notch junior programs in sailing, tennis, and swimming, which provide our youth the opportunity to learn, enjoy, compete, and hone their skills in an array of lifelong sports.
We’re a yacht club of tradition, a yacht club of families, and a yacht club of fun. We’re a living, breathing ecosystem with activities for all our members, both new and old!
Hope to see you down there sometime soon!
The SHYC Commodore
email at: thecommodoreSHYC@gamil.com