2023 DOCK & RACK RESERVATION INFO FOR RACKS & SMALL BOATS
- Questions about rack spots on the Opti Dock for Opti, BIC, Laser, Paddleboards & JR Kayak Spots, please contact Thad Ozyck at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions about rack spots for Kayak on the Kayak/Swim dock, please contact Mary Alice Lee at 203-214-4418,
- Dock Spots for Inflatables & Rowboats – spots are assigned with priority given to returning boats. There is a waiting list in place. Most likely there are no new spots open this summer. Contact Vice Commodore, Cutter Smith with questions or to be added to the waiting list.
All 2023 Dock/Rack spot reservations must be made using the new SHYC 2023 Dock/Rack Registration Google Form. Assignments will be on a first come, first served basis based on date Google Dock Form received, with priority given per below if needed*:
- Boats used in the SHYC JR Sailing and Racing Programs
- Returning Lasers, Kayaks, and Paddleboards (if form received by June 1st)
- Returning DOCK spot holders (inflatables & row boats).
- Remaining open Rack/Dock spots assigned based on current waitlist, and then in order of receipt of new Google Forms (subject to availability, waitlist in place)
– Optimist ($125)
– Laser ($125)
– BIC ($125)
– Kayak ($125)
– Paddleboard ($75) – top rack spots only
– Youth/kids Kayak ($75) – bottom rack spots on Opti Dock only
Dock Spot Rates – assigned first to returning spot holders:
– Privately owned 420 or FEVA used by JR sailing program students ($175)
– Privately owned sailboat NOT used in JR sailing program ($400)
– Small Boat/Inflatable with or without motor ($400) – FULL
Please make sure you name is on your boat in a visible location. A numbered SHYC Dock/Rack sticker should also be prominently displayed on the boat. Boats left on the racks/docks after the fall work party will be charged a winter storage fee of $500. Your SHYC member club account will be billed for your rack and dock space(s).
*Please note, except for boats used in the Junior Sailing Program, we may need to limit the total number of rack/dock spaces per family membership, depending on availability. Only one DOCK spot for a non-sailboat per family membership (because of DOCK space limitations) – this does not pertain to RACK spots. We may not be able to accommodate all requests for DOCK Spaces.