SHYC is Hiring for Summer 2019!
Sign-up for 2019 JR Sailing Programs will open in March.
- 2019 Classes Brochure (coming soon in March)
- Meet the 2019 Sailing Instructor Team
- 2019 Program Dates: Session 1: Mon June 24 – July 19; Session 2: Mon July 22 – Aug 15
- 2019 JR Sailing Kick-Off & Opti Inspection – Sunday June 16, 2-4pm: Meet the instructors, have your Opti safety checked, buy parts, get your rack/tube assignments
- SHYC Club-Owned Boat Usage Policy: This policy pertains to our Club-420, FEVAs, and BICs – read our policy.
- Junior Racing at SHYC (link)
- Opti Safety Check List (download and print)
- Junior Program Rules
- 420 Sailing at SHYC: Age/Weight Waiver and FAQs
- Apply to be a volunteer Junior Sailing Instructor in training
- RS Fevas are back for a 2nd year at SHYC! New in 2018, we leased 4 RS Fevas to be used in our JR Programs. The boats were a huge success and loved by sailors ages 10 to 15 years old. Click here to read an article in WindCheck about Fevas at SHYC. RS Fevas are the fastest growing double handed dinghy worldwide and are taking off as training boats in our area! The boats are targeted at tweens/teens that are too small for a 420s and for racing sailors looking to broaden their skills and try out a modern style, fast dingy with an asymmetrical cute.
- Private sailing lessons: For all levels of sailors, ages 6+ to adults, in Optis, FEVAs, BICs, or 420s. Private lessons with SHYC instructors must be billed through your SHYC account for insurance requirements. Coordinate times with instructors directly. (Fee = Private or Semi-Private lessons are $45/hour.)
- Sachem’s Head Yacht Club is a US Sailing MVP Club! Because of this partnership, SHYC members receive up to 20% off annual US Sailing memberships ( Youth $20, Individual $50, and Family $75). In turn, our club receives MVP credit to expand access to US Sailing resources and programs that help enhance our club. Join US Sailing today at a 20% discount.