Summer 2021 Program Info (Sailing, Tennis, Swim):
- 2021 Session Dates: Programs will be offered in four, 2-week sessions: A) June 21-July 2, B) July 5-17, C) July 19-July 30, D) August 2-13. No classes on the 5th of July.
- 2021 Class Lists & Times: (View & Print Lists) Please note, this Master Class List Spreadsheet has multiple tabs, you will need to check each tab to find what class and times your child has each sport (Sailing, Tennis, Swim, Tennis Team, Friday Special Classes). The coaches will also assess the kids during the first week(s), and make any necessary class changes.
- 2021 Junior Programs – Class Descriptions Brochure – Learn all about our exciting sailing, tennis, and swimming offerings for SHYC Member children ages 5-16yr
- Sign Up for 2021 JR Programs – (Open to SHYC members only). Registration is now closed and many programs are Full. For late signup inquires & questions please email email@example.com.
2021 Important JR Program Info & FORMS:
- ** REQUIRED FORM** Junior Program Rules – review and sign the digital waiver & print the PDF to review with your children.
- ** REQUIRED FORM** Medical Form & Treatment Release Form – (complete & sign digitally), must be submitted for all children in JR Programs.
- ** REQUIRED FOR AM SAILORS** Safety Parent of the morning: Help us keep our sailors safe, be a “Safety Parent of the Morning”. All parents of sailors in our morning programs are expected to sign-up for at least one morning of helping. Sign-Up for 2021 Safety Parent. No sailing experience required or needed. Questions ask Erin McCarthy.
- What to bring for Junior Lessons – (print the list) Review this handy list to learn what you need each day for sailing, tennis, and swim lessons. Please review carefully before lessons start in case you need to purchase any needed clothing or equipment (especially important for new families and new sailors!)
- JR Boxed Lunch Order Form (for morning sailors) – (Print form and give to your sailing coach when you arrive for morning class)
- Meet the 2021 Sailing Instructor Team: We are excited to have great returning and new coaches for this summer. Check out their Bios!
- Opti Safety Inspection – Sunday 6/13, 1-3pm: Please make sure your Optimist has all the required Safety & Sailing Equipment, and LABEL everything with your name with a permanent sharpie marker or paint pen. (Opti Boat Safety Inspection will be held Sunday June 13, 1-3pm. Bring your Opti to the club at this time to make sure you have all the parts. This is required for all new sailing program participants in the OPTI 1 Program, ages 8+. )
- Sign up for a 2021 Rack Spot for your Opti, Laser, paddeboards, or kayaks (click here)
- Private sailing lessons: For all levels of sailors, ages 6+ to adults, in Optis, FEVAs, BICs, or 420s. Private lessons with SHYC instructors must be billed through your SHYC account for insurance requirements. Coordinate times with instructors directly or email firstname.lastname@example.org. (Private or Semi-Private lessons are $50/hour, minimum of 2 hours)
- MTI Life-Jacket Discount Special: MTI, US Sailing’s new life jacket partner, is offering special benefits for US Sailing members and SHYC members. Visit the MTI website at www.mtilifejackets.com, and use the code “SAILS15” in the shopping cart before checkout to save 15%.
- Sachem’s Head Yacht Club is a US Sailing MVP Club! Because of this partnership, SHYC members receive up to 20% off annual US Sailing memberships ( Youth $20, Individual $50, and Family $75). In turn, our club receives MVP credit to expand access to US Sailing resources and programs that help enhance our club. Join US Sailing today at a 20% discount.
- SHYC Club-Owned Boat Usage Policy: This policy pertains to our Club-420, FEVAs, and BICs – read our policy.
- SHYC 2021 Junior Racing Program (Learn more on our race team page)
- SHYC’s RS FEVA PROGRAM!
For the 3rd summer in a row, we have once again leased 6 RS Fevas to be used in our JR Programs. Feva sailing is incorporated into many of our classes and is the feature boat in our Adventure and Tween/Teen programs. RS Fevas are the fastest growing double handed dinghy worldwide and are taking off as training boats in our area! The boats are targeted at tweens/teens that are too small for a 420s and for racing sailors looking to broaden their skills and try out a modern style, fast dingy with an asymmetrical cute. The boats are also a big hit with Opti sailors who want to sail with a friend. Click here to read an article in WindCheck about RS Feva’s at SHYC.
Sailing & JR Program Questions:
- Jr. Sailing & Swim – contact Shane & Erica Walden, email@example.com
- Sailing & Waterfront Director, Kevin Gunn, Email Kevin
- Jr. Tennis – contact: Elisa Milano, SHYCtennis1@gmail.com
- General Jr. Program Questions – contact: Whitney Peterson, firstname.lastname@example.org
NON-MEMBER SAILING SIGN UP IS BASED ON AVAILABILITY, AFTER MEMBER SIGN-UPS ARE COMPLETE (2021 – Limited availability of racing programs ONLY.)
- Non-Member Spots on our 420, FEVA, & Opti Race Teams – we may offer this for 2021 if space is available. Please check back for summer 2021, when we will have 6 spots open for experienced, non-member sailors to join either our 420 Travel Race Team or our Opti Travel Race Team. Non-Member sailors will need a member sponsor, to submit a one page application, and will pay an additional “$350 non-member program access fee.” (Note, we cannot accommodate non-members in our Sea Squirts or our recreational FEVA classes. Currently our non-member slots are only offered to intermediate+ level sailors that want to join one of our Travel Race Teams.) If interested, contact Whitney Peterson at email@example.com.
Past 2020 Summer Program Info – For Background Info:
- 2020 Sailing Class Descriptions (2020 Programs) (updated 6/1/20)
- 2020 Tennis Program Class Details (posted 5/29/20)
- 2020 Class Lists/Times:
(2020) WAIVERS & COVID AGREEMENTS
- COVID-19 Waiver for Participants – Must be read and signed electronically.
- Home Health Screening Agreement Form – Must be completed online by a parent/guardian.
- JR Program RULES & COVID RULES Agreement – Children and parents must READ the rules and sign the electronic agreement waiver.
- MEDICAL FORM & TREATMENT RELEASE FORM – Must be submitted for all children in the programs.
- COVID-19 Junior Rules & SHYC Junior House Rules (posted 6/1/20)
- COVID-19 Health Screening Plan/Protocol (posted 6/10/20)
- COVID-19 At-Home Health Screening Self-Evaluation Work-Sheet (printable for 2020)– Parents and participants on their “honor” to do this DAILY home health screening
- May 2020 Parent COVID “Update” Letter (5/22/20 posted)