SHYC is Hiring for Summer 2019!
Important 2018 Junior Program Information:
- 2018 Class Lists & Times (view here): Sailing, Tennis, Swim, & Race Team lists and class times.
- 2018 Program Dates: Session 1: Mon June 25 – July 20; Session 2: Mon July 23 – Aug 16
- 2018 Junior Programs Brochure & Class Information (View 2018 Brochure) – Note Opti3 is being moved to morning.
- REGISTER for 2018 Junior Lessons Online (Sign-up online, $100 late fee after May 15th): click here
- 2018 JR Sailing Kick-Off & Opti Inspection – Sunday June 16, 2-4pm: Meet the instructors, have your Opti checked, buy parts, get your rack/tube assignments
- SHYC Junior Racing Program (Link to race team page)
- Boxed Lunch Order Form (Print Form)
- Junior Program Waivers (Print Form)
- 2018 JR Programs Awards Night & Dinner: Thursday, August 16th, 5-8pm. Dress code = yacht club attire (collars/dresses)
- Check out our new boats for Summer 2018 – RS Fevas!!!
For summer 2018 we have leased 4 RS Fevas to be used in our JR Programs. Feva sailing will be incorporated into many of our classes and there will be a new Doublehanded-Intro class in Fevas in the mornings. RS Fevas are the fastest growing double handed dinghy worldwide and are taking off as training boats in our area! The boats are targeted at tweens/teens that are too small for a 420s and for racing sailors looking to broaden their skills and try out a modern style, fast dingy with an asymmetrical cute. The boats are also a big hit with Opti sailors who want to sail with a friend. Racing and recreational sailors all love Fevas. Learn more at RS Feva website.
2017 Summer Program Info
- Class Lists for 2017 (click here)
- 2017 Junior Program Brochure & Class Descriptions/Details (Click here print/read brochure)
- 2017 SHYC Junior Regatta, Friday August 4th (learn more about our 2016 event)