Welcome to 2021 SHYC Junior Programs (members only this year)
PROGRAM INFO FOR SUMMER 2021 (more info coming)
- 2021 Session Dates: Programs will be offered in four, 2-week sessions: A) June 21-July 2, B) July 5-17, C) July 19-July 30, D) August 2-13.
- Sign Up for 2021 JR Programs – Sign up for 2021 programs will go live in April, thank you for your patience. Classes this year are only open to SHYC MEMBERS)
- JR Sailing Class COVID Protocol Overview (pg 1-3) (posted 5/29/20)
- JR Sailing Class Descriptions (see pages 4-7) (updated 6/1/20)
- Tennis Class Details & COVID Protocols (posted 5/29/20)
- COVID-19 Junior Rules & SHYC Junior House Rules (posted 6/1/20)
- COVID-19 SHYC Health Screening Plan/Protocols for Staff & Students (posted 6/10/20)
- COVID-19 Junior At-Home Health Screening Self-Evaluation Work-Sheet (printable for 2020)– Parents and participants are on their “honor” to do this DAILY home health screening before sending their child to class each day
- JR Program Class Lists & Class Times (coming in JUNE, below is 2020 lists for your reference/planning)
FOUR (2020) WAIVERS & AGREEMENT PARENTS MUST SIGN:
- COVID-19 Waiver for Participants – Must be read and signed electronically.
- Home Health Screening Agreement Form – Must be completed online by a parent/guardian.
- JR Program RULES & COVID RULES Agreement – Children and parents must READ the rules and sign the electronic agreement waiver.
- MEDICAL FORM & TREATMENT RELEASE FORM – Must be submitted for all children in the programs.
- MTI Life-Jacket Discount Special: MTI, US Sailing’s new life jacket partner, is offering special benefits for members of US Sailing and for clubs like SHYC that are an organizational member of US Sailing. Visit the MTI website at www.mtilifejackets.com, and use the code “SAILS15” in the shopping cart before checkout to save 15%.
- May 2020 Parent COVID “Update” Letter (5/22/20 posted)
- OPTI Equipment Self Safety Gear Inspection Check-List (print the check list)
- Sign up for a Rack Spot for your junior boats and/or check your Rack Spot assignment to find your allocated spot (click here)
- Sign-up Online to be a Safety Parent of the morning or host the coaches for outdoor dinner: Help us keep our sailors safe, be a “Safety Parent of the Morning”. All parents of sailors in our program are expected to sign-up for at-least one 1/2 day of helping. No sailing experience required or needed – BYO own MASK! (8:45am to 12:30, 12:30 to 4pm) Host the coaches for dinner any night of your choice! Questions = ask Sarah Brown or Erin McCarthy.
- JR Boxed Lunch Order Form – (Print Form)
ON HOLD: We will update the status on the events below based on COVID-19 guidelines.
- 2020 JR Sailing Kick-Off (for all sailors, all parents, and Race Team Sailors) Meet the instructors and race coaches, (have your Opti safety checked – not sure how we are doing this yet), ask the coaches questions.
- Unfortunately, we are not able to offer Non-Member Spots on our 420 & Opti Race Teams for summer 2020 BECAUSE OF COVID-19 and class size limits. Please check back for summer 2021, when we will have 6 spots open for experienced, non-member sailors to join either our 420 Travel Race Team or our Opti Travel Race Team. Non-Member sailors will need a member sponsor, to submit a one page application, and will pay an additional “$350 non-member program access fee.” (Note, we cannot accommodate non-members in our Sea Squirts or our recreational FEVA classes. Currently our non-member slots are only offered to intermediate+ level sailors that want to join one of our Travel Race Teams.) If interested, contact Whitney Peterson at email@example.com.
- SHYC Junior Racing Program – on hold for COVID19 (Link to race team page)
- 2020 JR Programs Awards Night & Dinner: Dress code = yacht club attire (collars/dresses)
- General Questions – contact: Whitney Peterson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jr. Tennis – contact: Elisa Milano, SHYCtennis1@gmail.com
- Jr. Sailing & Swim – contact Erica Walden, email@example.com
- Sailing & Waterfront Director, Kevin Gunn, Email Kevin
Recap of 2019 JR Sailing Programs – Previous Summer/Year Info
- 2019 Class Lists & Times (View/Print): Sailing, Tennis, Swim, & Race Team class lists and class times.
- 2019 JR Programs Brochure & Class Information (View 2019 Brochure and click here to sign-up)
For summer 2020 we have leased 6 RS Fevas to be used in our JR Programs. Feva sailing will be incorporated into many of our classes and there will be a new Doublehanded-Intro class in Fevas in the mornings. RS Fevas are the fastest growing double handed dinghy worldwide and are taking off as training boats in our area! The boats are targeted at tweens/teens that are too small for a 420s and for racing sailors looking to broaden their skills and try out a modern style, fast dingy with an asymmetrical cute. The boats are also a big hit with Opti sailors who want to sail with a friend. Racing and recreational sailors all love Fevas. Learn more at RS Feva website.