Summer 2021 Program Info (Sailing, Tennis, Swim):
- 2021 Session Dates: Programs will again be offered in four, 2-week sessions: A) June 21-July 2, B) July 5-17, C) July 19-July 30, D) August 2-13.
- Read the 2021 Junior Programs Brochure – Learn all about our exciting sailing, tennis, and swimming offerings for SHYC Member children ages 5-16yr
- Sign Up for 2021 JR Programs – Sign up for junior programs now (open to SHYC Members only)
Additional 2021 Sailing Program Information:
- Meet the 2021 Sailing Instructor Team: We are excited to have great returning and new coaches for this summer.
- Opti Safety Check List – download and print
- Junior Program Rules – please read and review with your juniors.
- Sign up for a 2021 Dock/Rack Spot for your Optis, Laser, paddeboards, kayaks (click here)
- Private sailing lessons: For all levels of sailors, ages 6+ to adults, in Optis, FEVAs, BICs, or 420s. Private lessons with SHYC instructors must be billed through your SHYC account for insurance requirements. Coordinate times with instructors directly or email firstname.lastname@example.org. (Private or Semi-Private lessons are $50/hour, minimum of 2 hours)
- MTI Life-Jacket Discount Special: MTI, US Sailing’s new life jacket partner, is offering special benefits for members of US Sailing and for clubs like SHYC that are an organizational member of US Sailing. Visit the MTI website at www.mtilifejackets.com, and use the code “SAILS15” in the shopping cart before checkout to save 15%.
- Sachem’s Head Yacht Club is a US Sailing MVP Club! Because of this partnership, SHYC members receive up to 20% off annual US Sailing memberships ( Youth $20, Individual $50, and Family $75). In turn, our club receives MVP credit to expand access to US Sailing resources and programs that help enhance our club. Join US Sailing today at a 20% discount.
- Safety Parent of the morning & host the coaches for dinner: Help us keep our sailors safe, be a “Safety Parent of the Morning”. All parents of sailors in our morning programs are expected to sign-up for at-least one 1/2 day of helping. No sailing experience required or needed. Host the coaches for dinner any night of your choice! Questions or to sign up = ask Sarah Brown or Erin McCarthy.
- JR Boxed Lunch Order Form – (Print form and bring to class)
- SHYC Club-Owned Boat Usage Policy: This policy pertains to our Club-420, FEVAs, and BICs – read our policy.
- SHYC 2021 Junior Racing Program (Learn more on our race team page)
- SHYC’s RS FEVA PROGRAM!
For the 3rd summer in a row, we have once again leased 6 RS Fevas to be used in our JR Programs. Feva sailing is incorporated into many of our classes and is the feature boat in our Adventure and Tween/Teen programs. RS Fevas are the fastest growing double handed dinghy worldwide and are taking off as training boats in our area! The boats are targeted at tweens/teens that are too small for a 420s and for racing sailors looking to broaden their skills and try out a modern style, fast dingy with an asymmetrical cute. The boats are also a big hit with Opti sailors who want to sail with a friend. Click here to read an article in WindCheck about RS Feva’s at SHYC.
NON-MEMBER SAILING SIGN UP IS BASED ON AVAILABILITY, AFTER MEMBER SIGN-UPS ARE COMPLETE (2021)
- Non-Member Spots on our 420, FEVA, & Opti Race Teams – we may offer this for 2021 if space is available. Please check back for summer 2021, when we will have 6 spots open for experienced, non-member sailors to join either our 420 Travel Race Team or our Opti Travel Race Team. Non-Member sailors will need a member sponsor, to submit a one page application, and will pay an additional “$350 non-member program access fee.” (Note, we cannot accommodate non-members in our Sea Squirts or our recreational FEVA classes. Currently our non-member slots are only offered to intermediate+ level sailors that want to join one of our Travel Race Teams.) If interested, contact Whitney Peterson at email@example.com.
Sailing & JR Program Questions:
- Jr. Sailing & Swim – contact Shane & Erica Walden, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sailing & Waterfront Director, Kevin Gunn, Email Kevin
- Jr. Tennis – contact: Elisa Milano, SHYCtennis1@gmail.com
- General Jr. Program Questions – contact: Whitney Peterson, email@example.com
Past 2020 Summer Program Info – For Background Info:
- 2020 Sailing Class Descriptions (2020 Programs) (updated 6/1/20)
- 2020 Tennis Program Class Details (posted 5/29/20)
- 2020 Class Lists/Times:
(2020) WAIVERS & COVID AGREEMENTS
- COVID-19 Waiver for Participants – Must be read and signed electronically.
- Home Health Screening Agreement Form – Must be completed online by a parent/guardian.
- JR Program RULES & COVID RULES Agreement – Children and parents must READ the rules and sign the electronic agreement waiver.
- MEDICAL FORM & TREATMENT RELEASE FORM – Must be submitted for all children in the programs.
- COVID-19 Junior Rules & SHYC Junior House Rules (posted 6/1/20)
- COVID-19 Health Screening Plan/Protocol (posted 6/10/20)
- COVID-19 At-Home Health Screening Self-Evaluation Work-Sheet (printable for 2020)– Parents and participants on their “honor” to do this DAILY home health screening
- May 2020 Parent COVID “Update” Letter (5/22/20 posted)