Welcome to 2020 SHYC Junior Programs (members only this year)
- COVID-19 UPDATES & CLASSES INFO (as of 6/1/2020):
- JR Sailing Class COVID Protocol Overview (pg 1-3) (posted 5/29)
- NEW JR Sailing Class Descriptions (see pages 4-7) (updated 6/1)
- NEW 2020 online sailing/tennis sign-up: Sign Up for JR Sailing & Tennis!Please note, you will not be billed for any programs until the class starts. Class sizes will be limited . Classes this year are ONLY open to SHYC MEMBERS. (updated 6/1/2020)
- Tennis Class Details & COVID Protocols (posted 5/29)
- COVID-19 Waiver for Participants (posted 6/1)
- COVID-19 Junior Rules & SHYC Junior House Rules (posted 6/1)
- COVID-19 Health Screening Plan (link coming soon)
- COVID-19 Health Screening DAILY Self-Evaluation Form – must be filled out by a parent/guardian each day for each child participating in a program, including temperature check (link coming soon)
- Read the 5/22 Parent COVID Letter (5/22 posted)
- 2020 Updated Session Dates (2 week sessions): Programs will be offered in four, 2-week sessions: A) June 22-July 3, B) July 6-17, c) July 20-July 31, and D) August 3-14.
- 2020 JR Sailing Kick-Off (for all sailors, all parents, and Race Team Sailors) – ZOOM/VIRTUAL DATE TBD: Meet the instructors and race coaches, (have your Opti safety checked – not sure how we are doing this yet), ask the coaches questions.
- Sign-up for “Safety Parent of the Day” – Help us enforce Safe Social Distancing and Cleaning Protocols: Sign-up online to be a “Safety Parent of the Day”. This is a critically important job during the summer of 2020 to help enforce our COVID-19 rules and Safe Social Distancing. All parents of sailors in our program are expected to sign-up for at-least day of helping. No sailing experience required or needed – BYO own PPE (mask/gloves) and a Whistle! (8:15am to 4:15pm, half days available) Sign-up Online for Safety Parent 2020.
- Unfortunately, we are not able to offer Non-Member Spots on our 420 & Opti Race Teams for summer 2020 BECAUSE OF COVID-19 and class size limits. Please check back for summer 2021, when we will have 6 spots open for experienced, non-member sailors to join either our 420 Travel Race Team or our Opti Travel Race Team. Non-Member sailors will need a member sponsor, to submit a one page application, and will pay an additional “$350 non-member program access fee.” (Note, we cannot accommodate non-members in our Sea Squirts or our recreational FEVA classes. Currently our non-member slots are only offered to intermediate+ level sailors that want to join one of our Travel Race Teams.) If interested, contact Whitney Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ON HOLD BECAUSE OF COVID-19 – Sign-up to Host the Instructors for Dinner: Our 6 sailing coaches all live at the yacht club and they love invitations to have dinner off the rock! Please sign-up online to host them for dinner at your home. Sign-up Online for 2020 Coming Soon.
- SHYC Junior Racing Program – on hold for COVID19 (Link to race team page)
- Will be modified for COVID19 – Boxed Lunch Order Form (Print Form)
- Junior Program Waivers (COVID WAIVER COMING) (Print Form)
- 2020 JR Programs Awards Night & Dinner: Format TBD because of COVID. Dress code = yacht club attire (collars/dresses)
- Summer 2020 = We have 6 new RS Fevas – Photos below!!
We maybe be still hiring for Summer 2020!
- Questions – contact: Whitney Peterson, email@example.com
2019 JR Sailing Programs – Previous Summer/Year Info
- 2019 Class Lists & Times (View/Print): Sailing, Tennis, Swim, & Race Team class lists and class times.
- 2019 JR Programs Brochure & Class Information (View 2019 Brochure and click here to sign-up)
For summer 2020 we have leased 6 RS Fevas to be used in our JR Programs. Feva sailing will be incorporated into many of our classes and there will be a new Doublehanded-Intro class in Fevas in the mornings. RS Fevas are the fastest growing double handed dinghy worldwide and are taking off as training boats in our area! The boats are targeted at tweens/teens that are too small for a 420s and for racing sailors looking to broaden their skills and try out a modern style, fast dingy with an asymmetrical cute. The boats are also a big hit with Opti sailors who want to sail with a friend. Racing and recreational sailors all love Fevas. Learn more at RS Feva website.