Welcome to 2020 Junior Programs!
- COVID-19 UPDATE (3/27/20): We hope you are doing well amid the COVID-19 crisis that we are all navigating. Given the current environment, as you may already expect, we are facing many unknowns about summer 2020 and our ability to run our Junior Programs as planned. The SHYC Executive Committee and Junior Programs Committees are carefully monitoring the recommendations put forth by the CDC and our local government agencies, and we are actively planning for the ways in which these guidelines and mandates may impact our summer Junior Programs and club operations. In the meantime, we are planning for the multiple possible scenarios for what the summer Junior SHYC Programs may look like, and we will be ready to launch with the best available options. You can go ahead and review the current 2020 SHYC JR Programs Brochure now, and we encourage you to start the online registration process as well, so that we can get a sense of how many kids will be interested in the programs this summer. Please note, you will not be billed for any junior programs until after we start our classes/programs, we understand that flexibility in schedules/dates may be needed to accommodate your evolving plans, and if we have a delayed start, we will be reducing the program fees/costs accordingly.
- Tentative 2020 Program Dates: Session 1: June 22 to July 17; Session 2: July 20 to Aug 13
- 2020 JR Programs Brochure & Class Info: Check out our 2020 JR Program brochure (View/Print the 2020 JR Program brochure).
- Online Registration for 2020 JR Programs – Register Online Now (WAIVED BECAUSE OF COVID-19: Late Fee of $100 after May 15th)
- (Maybe be rescheduled) 2020 JR Sailing Kick-Off, Sunday June 14, 2-4pm (for all sailors, all parents, and Race Team Sailors): Meet the instructors and race coaches, have your Opti safety checked, get your RACE TEAM SWAG, ask the coaches questions, get your rack/tube assignments.
- Non-Member Opening on our 420 & Opti Race Teams: We have open slots for up to 6 experienced, non-member sailors to join either our 420 Travel Race Team or our Opti Travel Race Team. Non-Member sailors will need a member sponsor, to submit a one page application, and will pay an additional “$350 non-member program access fee.” (Note, we cannot accommodate non-members in our Sea Squirts or our recreational FEVA classes. Currently our non-member slots are only offered to intermediate+ level sailors that want to join one of our Travel Race Teams.) If interested, contact Whitney Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sign-up for “Safety Parent of the Morning”: Sign-up online to be a “Safety Parent of the Morning” and/or to host our sailing coaches for dinner at your house! All parents of sailors in our morning programs are expected to sign-up to be a “Safety Parent of the Morning” at-least once for each child they have in a morning sailing class. No sailing experience required or needed! (8:45-12noon) Sign-up Online for 2020 Coming Soon.
- Sign-up to Host the Instructors for Dinner: Our 6 sailing coaches all live at the yacht club and they love invitations to have dinner off the rock! Please sign-up online to host them for dinner at your home. Sign-up Online for 2020 Coming Soon.
- SHYC Junior Racing Program (Link to race team page)
- Boxed Lunch Order Form (Print Form)
- Junior Program Waivers (Print Form)
- 2020 JR Programs Awards Night & Dinner: August Date TBD, Dress code = yacht club attire (collars/dresses)
- Summer 2020 = We have 6 new RS Fevas – Photos below
We are still hiring for Summer 2020 – Join Our Team & Club!
- Sailing & Waterfront Director: View Job Posting
- Races Coach – View Job Posting
- Questions – contact: Whitney Peterson, email@example.com
2019 JR Sailing Programs – Previous Summer/Year Info
- 2019 Class Lists & Times (View/Print): Sailing, Tennis, Swim, & Race Team class lists and class times.
- 2019 JR Programs Brochure & Class Information (View 2019 Brochure and click here to sign-up)
For summer 2020 we have leased 6 RS Fevas to be used in our JR Programs. Feva sailing will be incorporated into many of our classes and there will be a new Doublehanded-Intro class in Fevas in the mornings. RS Fevas are the fastest growing double handed dinghy worldwide and are taking off as training boats in our area! The boats are targeted at tweens/teens that are too small for a 420s and for racing sailors looking to broaden their skills and try out a modern style, fast dingy with an asymmetrical cute. The boats are also a big hit with Opti sailors who want to sail with a friend. Racing and recreational sailors all love Fevas. Learn more at RS Feva website.